FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Getting Started and General Administration
- What kinds of services do you offer?
- How do I make an appointment with a counselor?
- I’ve never gone to counseling/chiropractic before. What can I expect?
- Where are you located?
- How many sessions do I need?
- What is your counseling philosophy?
- What if I need to cancel or reschedule my session?
- What if I will be late for my session?
- Do you have a psychiatrist at LTC?
Fees and Payment
- What are your fees?
- Do you take health insurance?
- Do you accept credit cards?
Couples and Marriage Counseling
- What is the Sizzling Hot Marriage Assessment?
- We are being married by an LTC pastor. Where do I sign up for premarital counseling?
- How can I purchase LTC counseling resources?
- How can I sign up for your seminars and groups?
What kinds of services do you offer?
We offer counseling, coaching, chiropractic and nutritional therapy. We seek to use natural methods to bring healing and wholeness. We see a wide variety of people for individual, pre-marital, marital and family counseling for most issues people face. Our counseling specialty is marriage and family therapy. Our Chiropractor specializes in treating the body by making careful adjustments to the skeletal structure. Our dietitian treats health problems by providing advice for making positive lifestyle changes. See Services for more information. We offer face-to-face therapy as well as telephone and Skype therapy. We also offer group therapy in our Lifestyle Life Recovery and Sizzling Hot Marriage programs. We offer a program called Total Life Makeover where each of our professionals will address your health concerns from a wholistic integrated perspective.
Our Philosophy of Change
Our philosophy is that the resolution to the painful symptoms that appear in our lives comes from identifying the underlying false beliefs, behaviors and lifestyle choices that have contributed to the development of those symptoms. At Lifestyle we address those unresolved issues and unleash the natural healing process God built in to our bodies. The mind is at the center of illness and wholeness. Our work is to encourage you and empower you to do the things that lead to happiness, health, and prosperity. We will work to reduce or eliminate your pain while teaching you how to live a better life.what hurts but rooted in we change you desire to achieve total health and well being.self and relationships is beyond eliminating the troubled emotions that may drive you into therapy. By taking a more holistic approach our clients can go on to live their lives with the interpersonal power and individual productivity God intended and achieve the improved outcome these types of evidence-based approaches tend to demonstrate.
Our research shows the five things that keep people from staying in treatment long enough to achieve a more permanent level of change are time, money, incompatibility with the therapist, ineffective goals and impatience. So we have created a system to ensure our clients success in therapy.
- We make a year long commitment to our clients to ensure they obtain the permanent change they desire to achieve.
- We listen carefully to our clients to ensure we accurately access their problems and give them confidence that we can help them.
- We identify transformative goals and objectives that our clients feel are appropriate, desirable, and obtainable.
- We offer excellence in our services.
- We utilize technology to communicate with our clients and keep them moving toward their goals to ensure real and lasting change.
How do I make an appointment with a clinician?
You can call our scheduling service at (256) 850-4426 to schedule an appointment or use our online scheduler to make your first appointment. Please note we are unable to accept walk-in appointments and cannot guarantee same-day appointments. Complete our online intake application or download your intake application here.
I’ve never gone to counseling/chiropractic before. What can I expect?
Getting into treatment involves beginning a new relationship. Our goal is to make you feel comfortable and confident that you are receiving world class treatment. At Lifestyle we expect you will be absolutely satisfied with our professional services. You should begin feeling some relief immediately during your first appointment. Feel free to ask questions as you progress toward your treatment goals. Counseling, Coaching & Therapy is an opportunity for you to share what is on your mind with a skilled listener who will help you understand your problem better and help you achieve the changes that you desire to reach. A Chiropractic doctor evaluates your musculoneuroskeletal health to either relieve pain, solve a medical problem or help you maintain good health. He uses gentle adjustments to get your bones operating like they should.
Where are you located?
We are located at 1101 McMurtrie Drive Suite C4, Huntsville, AL 35806. We are right beside the Huntsville Target Shopping Center on University. The easiest way to get to our office driving West on University is to turn left on Enterprise Way by IHOP, turn right onto Moores Farm Lane by Shaggy’s, turn right onto McMurtrie Drive and turn left into the office complex. Our office is the first office on the right. If you are coming East on University you can also turn right onto McMurtrie at the Burger King. Click Here to Get Directions from your location.
How many sessions do I need?
Because each case is different, your counselor will ascertain your needs and discuss a treatment plan with you.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my session?
You must notify your counselor 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time. Failure to do so will result in being charged $75 for the session. Please see our cancellation policy under “Sessions & Fees”.
What if I am running late to my session?
Please contact your counselor directly using the number they give you. Leaving a message on the Reception line will not ensure that your counselor is notified. In general, an email reply to admin@lifestyletherapycoach will be received within an hour.
Do you have a psychiatrist at LTC?
No, we do not have a staff psychiatrist. We will refer you to a psychiatrist if needed.
What are your fees?
The services you allow us to provide imply a financial responsibility on your part. This responsibility obligates you to ensure payment in full for services.
|Assessment Session (60 minutes)||
|Follow-up Session (50 minutes)||
|Extended Session (<30 minutes)||
|No Show/Late Cancel||
|Average Insurance Copayment Range||
$10 – $50
|Average # of Sessions||
|Return Check Fee||
|Declined Credit/Debit Card Fee||$35|
|Broken Package Paymen Plan||$35|
|Tests and Measures||
- All co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles are due PRIOR to services being rendered and is required by your insurance to be paid each visit.
- Procedures, services and products which are excluded from coverage, based on your plan’s determination of medical necessity, will be your responsibility.
- If you do not know your co-pay we will collect a minimum fee of $30. Our billing department will bill or credit your account accordingly after your insurance pays their portion. If you are not prepared or able to pay your co-pay prior to your visit, we will kindly reschedule your appointment for a more convenient time.
- Over payments will be refunded after all charges have been processed and paid by your insurance company. A refund check or credit to your card will be applied or mailed within 30 days of your request.
- Self-pay clients will be required to pay a $150 deposit for their visit, at the time of check in. The deposit will be applied to the balance due. Payment on unpaid balances is expected within 30 days. If you are unable to pay the balance in full, please contact the billing department to discuss payment plan options. Scheduling additional appointments will be on hold till balances are paid in full or arrangement have been made.
- You will be required to keep a credit card on file to help us collect any unpaid balances. It is your responsibility to keep your credit card information up to date. By completing this form and signing below, you authorize Lifestyle to charge your credit card for any fees or costs due and owing to Lifestyle including, but not limited to, treatment costs not covered or declined by insurance, copays, deductibles, late cancellation fees, interest, and collection costs.
- If you miss more than two appointments without calling or rescheduling, you may be terminated from treatment.
- Clients are responsible for package fees whether or not they use the allotted sessions. If you request a refund on the unused portion of a package, used sessions will be charged at base rates. No refunds on packages are issued after two weeks of services being rendered.
- A late fee of 15% of unpaid balances will be assessed each month.
- We initiate collections after 60 days of non-payment. Should collection proceedings or other legal action become necessary to collect an overdue account, the client/responsible party, understands that Lifestyle Therapy & Coaching has the right to disclose to an outside collection agency all relevant personal account information necessary to collect payment for services rendered. The client/responsible party understands that they are responsible for all costs of collections including, but not limited to, all court costs and attorney’s fees. A collection fee will be added to the outstanding balance.
For our self-pay clients, we offer treatment packages that provide a more personalized and integrated approach to addressing the complex challenges our clients face. Our treatment packages generally are the most economical approach to treatment as they afford our clients an opportunity to access our income-based sliding scale. Insurance covered clients will be required to pay their normal co-pays and deductibles for treatment packages.
Self-Pay Sliding Fee Scale*Optional **-Additional Testing Required [Additional tests and measurement fees are not included in packages fees.]
Intern Professional Rates (Our Marriage & Family Therapy interns are Master’s level clinicians working on their license and are supervised by approved supervisor Joseph L. Follette, Jr.)
|Level||Annual Household Income||Initial Fee||Follow-up Fee||Group Fee||Tests & Measurements|
|$10,000 – $14,999||$40||$30||$30||$99|
|>$20,000||Same as chart below|
Licensed Professional Rate
|Level||Annual Household Income||Initial Fee||Follow-up Fee||Group Fee||Tests & Measurements|
|$20,000 – $35,000||$95||$80||$35||$119|
|$50,000 – $60,000||$125||$115||$45||$139|
*For households with income above $70,000, package rates are fixed at Level 5.
Example: At Level 1 the Basic Therapy Package would be $85 for the initial session and $75 for the three follow-up sessions totalling $310.
Do you take any health insurance?
We accept most major companies including Blue Cross Blue Shield, American Behavioral, Aetna, CIGNA, United Healthcare, TRICARE, American Behavioral, Coventry, Medicare, Mutual of Omaha, Behavioral Health Systems and GEHA.
While the filing of an insurance claim is a courtesy that we extend to our clients, it is your responsibility to:
- Bring your insurance card to each visit,
- Notify our office of any changes to your insurance information.
- Know your co-pay and deductible and be prepared to pay at the time of each visit,
- Know your insurance benefits and coverage,
- Determine if your clinician(s) are network providers prior to first visit,
- Pay for any remaining amount not covered by your insurance policy.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes. You can pay online at payment.LifestyleTherapyCoach.com and we accept credit card payments in our office.
We are thinking about getting married. Do you offer premarital counseling?
Yes we offer premarital counseling. Our Sizzling Hot Marriage program is for premarried couples as well. We utilize the Prepare-Enrich assessment to help couples preparing for marriage.
What is the Sizzling Hot Marriage assessment?
The Sizzling Hot Marriage program is designed to help couples get the heat back into their relationship. Couples take the assessment online and work through the results with a counselor in 10-12 follow up sessions.
Where do I purchase Lifestyle Therapy & Coaching resources?
You may browse our resources here.
How can I sign up for your seminars and support groups?
Please register online or call for our seminars and groups. Please visit our groups page for a list of current offerings.